The health, safety and wellbeing of our employees are top priorities at BMT ARGOSS. We strive to prevent harm coming to any of our staff members or others affected by the work we do, and to actively promote a positive culture of safety, health and wellbeing.
- Compliance with the law and other standards required by the industries within which we work
- Compliance with procedures designed for our safety, as a minimum
- Always acting in a safe and responsible manner
- Zero tolerance of unsafe practices – each person should feel able to challenge unsafe behaviour
- Consideration and respect for all those affected by our work
- Continual improvement in our management of H&S
To demonstrate our commitment to Health & Safety, BMT ARGOSS is accredited to the internationally recognized Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard OHSAS 18001. Our policy is annually reviewed and audited.
BMT ARGOSS conducts its business in a manner that is compatible with the balanced environmental, social and economic needs of the community of which we are a part.
We are committed to achieving high standards of environmental management in all areas of our business, and fostering concern and respect for the environment. So far as reasonably practicable, we will:
- meet, or exceed, all regulatory requirements that are applicable to our activities and take measures to protect the environment in areas where they do not exist;
- promote the prevention of pollution, including the conservation of energy and resources, and ensure that all our waste is handled, treated or disposed of responsibly;
- develop and continually endeavour to improve our Environmental Management System, aiming to reduce the negative impacts of our activities by setting objectives and targets, developing controls, and monitoring their effectiveness; and
- promote environmental awareness throughout the company, emphasising each employee’s responsibility, as well as those responsibilities applicable to subcontractors, suppliers and business partners.
BMT ARGOSS seeks to operate in a moral and responsible manner at all times, contributing to a just, safe and equitable world. Running our business with integrity is a value shared by all of the staff. There is zero tolerance to bribery at BMT ARGOSS in accordance with the UK 2010 Bribery Act and other local legislation.