Routeclimate.com provides marine transport companies with a reliable first indication of the weather risks they are likely to encounter during a proposed sea crossing.
Based on satellite measurements of wind speed and wave height one can determine:
- Probability that a critical wave height or wind speed will be exceeded during the voyage
- Design wave height or wind speed corresponding to a specified probability
- Most likely wave periods corresponding to the design wave height
- Shortest route connecting waypoints entered through a convenient interface
- Most critical segments of the route in table and drawings
This information is provided via an intuitive interface and which gives a high level of spatial detail. The service is available by annual subscription.
Once the weather-related risks of the voyage have been assessed, BMT ARGOSS offers additional metocean information to support you during your planned voyage.
To try the service go to: www.routeclimate.com and use the username "demo" and leave the password blank.