BMT ARGOSS provides 24/7 meteorological, wave, current and water level forecasting services to support offshore and coastal maritime operations worldwide.
Where operations are sensitive to certain limiting criteria or require a specific weather window, our team of meteorologists actively monitor the local weather and metocean conditions at project sites. We regularly notify our customers when conditions are likely to exceed safe operating parameters or a suitable weather window is anticipated, allowing them to plan their operations accordingly.
Where needed our forecasts are based on dedicated weather (WRF) and (shallow water) wave models (SWAN, SWRT) that are set up and validated using satellite observations or in-situ data where available. Forecast updates are provided up to four times a day by email, telephone and/or to a BMT ARGOSS customer-dedicated website. We also provide meteorological assistance on-site, if required.
We know from experience that no two operations are the same, which is why we tailor our services to suit individual projects. In addition to offshore weather forecasts for specific sites we can expand our services.
Additional services can include:
- EPS Extended outlooks
- Operability information based on historic datasets
- Ocean current information
- Tidal level and current information
- Satellite-observed ice density
- Satellite imagery
- Spectral forecasts (CSV and graphical)
- Synoptic spatial metocean maps
- Weather forecast briefing
- Squall (see on the right) and tropical storm warnings
- Ice Charting
Benefits of maritime weather forecasts:
- Reduces operational down time and costs
- 24/7 experienced marine weather support - also available on site
- Extreme weather warnings
- Forecast updates up to four times a day
- Data that is clear to read
Our forecasting services can be applied to:
- Seismic exploration
- Installing and maintaining facilities
- General offshore operations
- Cable laying
- Dredging works
- Ship-to-Ship transfers
- Marine transport
Excerpt from a Squall bulletin