BMT ARGOSS runs an online subscription service – waveclimate.com – that provides a snapshot of the offshore and coastal metocean climate globally. The information is based on validated wave model computations and satellite measurements. Available by annual subscription or on a pre-paid basis, the service offers both frequent and incidental users good, value-for-money information on wind and wave conditions.
Our metocean operability statistics support:
- Operations planning
- Weather risk calculations
- Operability and downtime assessment
- Feasibility studies
Wind and wave information includes:
- Monthly distributions for wind and waves
- 2D scatter distributions (Hs, Tp, Tz, wind speed and directionality)
- 3D scatter distributions (Hs, Tp, Tz, wind speed and directionality)
- Wind and wave roses
- Persistence analysis for operability assessment
- Basic wind and wave parameter time series
Please note: Users should always consider whether a more extensive appraisal is appropriate, in which case our metocean specialists can assist.