The new generation BMT SMARTSERVICES product suite has been developed by BMT ARGOSS in line with industry led requirements. We worked with industry partners, ship owners, operators and charterers to create a powerful performance-monitoring tool. It enables our customers to make informed decisions about the operation and maintenance of their ships.
BMT SMARTSERVICES is built on a unique system that integrates comprehensive vessel-recorded data with fully validated metocean data, including wind, wave and current values. As a result, the system has the ability to interpret the ship’s data by identifying the environmental conditions during operation.
The system monitors vessel performance automatically and its intuitive on-board and on-shore applications will recognise performance trends.
Through a unique data-filtering capability, including wave height and trim, high integrity key performance indicators have been specifically developed. These distinguish between the underlying performance of the hull, propeller, engine and fuel consumption, irrespective of routes and sea state.
Benefits of the Service
- Accurate monitoring of fuel oil consumption and specific fuel oil consumption
- Data filtering allows comparison of vessel performance for specific trims and environmental conditions
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) trending of propeller, engine and hull to maximise the efficiency of maintenance
- Financial and operational decision support.
- Data mining to understand effects and derive improvements to reduce operation costs
- Increased awareness of vessel and fleet performance to maximise commercial effectiveness
- Improving fuel consumption reduces emissions, helping to improve carbon footprints
- Supporting the delivery of business objectives and targets through accurate reporting
For full details please visit www.bmtsmartservices.com
BMT ARGOSS and International Paint
BMT ARGOSS and International Paint have formed a partnership that can deliver demonstrable and transparent improvements in performance, efficiency and environmental emissions for the global shipping fleet.view more